Thursday, September 25, 2008

Frozen Chocolate Bananas

These remind me of Disneyland - just because that's the first place I tried them. I've tried to make them before by just melting chocolate chips, but I have never been able to get the chocolate to melt, without getting crusty, in the microwave. It seems that adding vegetable oil makes a difference - it did for me anyway!

3 bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
mini popsicle stick

Peel bananas. Cut them into halves, or thirds. Push a stick into the cut ends. I found some cute, mini popsicle stick that worked perfectly when I cut the bananas in half - but regulare popsicle sticks will work as well. Lay the bananas on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Mix together chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Put in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then put back in microwave at 15 second increments until chocolate is melted.

Dip the bananas in the chocolate and place them back on the wax paper. You can also sprinkle nuts or any kind of sprinkles on top. Put them back in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you don't eat them immediately then transfer them to a ziploc bag to save for later.

We ended up with leftover chocolate so I drizzled it over some fresh raspberries - so yummy!!

No comments: