1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 cup and 1 Tablespoon sugar, keep separated
1 1/2 Tablespoons warm water
1 cup milk, almost scalding (1- 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave)
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour, sifted
1. Combine yeast, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and water in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
2. Pour milk into large bowl (or mixer) and add melted butter and remaining sugar. Stir until dissolved.
3. When milk mixture is warm to the touch, add yeast mixture.
4. Beat three eggs with a fork and add to the mix.
5. Add salt and stir.
6. Add 2 cups of sifted flour, then stir.
7. Add remaining 2 cups of flour and stir well.
At this point the dough will look sticky, bumpy, and a little wet- Don't worry.
8. Place in a large bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled.
9. Once dough has doubled in size, you can-
roll out dough to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness, cut into triangles, then roll into crescent shape
shape into balls, about the size of a golf ball
10. Place rolls on a greased 9X13 cookie sheet, cover, let rise again until doubled.
11.Bake for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch carefully, once they brown they are done.
12. Rub melted butter on finished rolls and enjoy!
MAKES 2 DOZEN
*Thank you Brooke for this recipe!
How to Meal Plan, Create Your Own Freezer Meals, and Cut Your Kitchen Time in Half! - The ugly truth is… Dinner comes every day whether you’re prepared for it or not. But don’t you think your day and mealtime goes much smoother when you ar...
3 days ago